We’re almost there – counting down the hours until 2013 comes to a close and 2014 dawns and we all promise to lead a healthier, happier life.
Here’s 10 well ways to ring in the NEW YEAR feeling on top of you game and ready to conquer 2014!
1. Make a 2013 gratitude list – write down and give thanks to all the people, places, food, faces, fitness achievements, health heroes, travel destinations, inspirations and meditative moments you’ve embracced this year.
2. Work out – get a run, walk, TRX, swim or cycle in today and power harder than you have all year. What a way to finish your fitness for 2013!
3. Smile – all day long. Say good morning or a simple hello to a stranger in the street. It’ll make their day and you’ll feel pretty good too.
4. Eat your favourite food – even if it’s a treat, enjoy yourself today, after all, you’ve worked hard for it all year.
5. Set yourself a drink limit for tonight. I’m going for a zero alcoholic consumption evening and can’t wait to wake up feeling fresh for the first day of the New Year.
6. Dance – Put on your favourite 2013 tune, turn it up and bust out your best moves. No one’s watching, right?
7. Soak up the sun – We all need Vitamin D to assist our immune system and help maintain body weight. But don’t forget the sunscreen!
8. New Year’s resolutions – no doubt you’ve got plenty of goals you want to kick in 2014. Make your list long and luxurious… there is never a dream too big or out of reach.
9. Meditate – research has proven just 10 minutes a day can improve mental health, concentration and focus, the immune system’s strengths. Watch this video and learn about the infinite possibilities from Deepak Chopra.
10. Create a vision board – gather images, quotes, words, colours and items that deliver a strong message associated with the life you want for yourself. Envisage your ideal life and the universe will deliver.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, CATS!!!