After jumping off a long-haul flight on Sunday I was jetlagged and starving!
Yes, organic! Pitango believes in organic farming and produce to help preserve our natural resources for the future and to deliver food that simply tastes better because of its origins. The New Zealand-based company derive their ingredients direct from farms and guarantee they are free from synthetic fertilisers and pesticides, genetic modification, added preservatives and growth promoters.
You would’ve seen their products in the chilled section at your local grocer in Australia and New Zealand. You’ve probably heated up one of their soups for lunch or thrown a risotto in the pan. Yum. But it’s not just about what’s in the package. Pitango have recipes on offer to complement their soups and risottos and help you create a nutritious organic meal. Here’s one of my faves below.
Enjoy – and don’t forget to buy organic when you can.
Pitango Organic Pumpkin Risotto with Spinach salad
10 mins to cook
- 1 x pouch of Pitango Organic Pumpkin, Leek & Spinach Risotto 500g
- 50g pine nuts
- 100g spinach
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon
In the pantry:
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil (coconut oil if you prefer)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste if required)
- Parmesan cheese
- Put pine nuts into a small frying pan on a medium heat and toast, tossing occasionally, until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Place spinach and sliced cucumber in bowl with toasted pine nuts.
- Make dressing by mixing the balsamic vinegar, juice of 1⁄2 lemon, olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper
- Pour the risotto into a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Dress salad and serve with risotto and grated parmesan cheese (not for vegans!) on top.